Have you studied or are studying Psychology and have experience with SEN/ working with children?
Teaching Personnel Berkshire SEN branch is looking for Learning and Mental Wellbeing support mentors to work with students with various SEN difficulties.
The Ideal Support assistant for this school needs to have resilience in abundance, humour & the ability to use your initiative in challenging situations that may arise. Key characteristics of the ideal candidate for this school is anyone who has an interest in supporting challenging behaviour within an alternative provision, psychology graduates and sports orientated candidates.
We are working with an array of schools who are looking for keen and reliable graduates! This is a great opportunity for those who are looking to get into teaching!
As well continuous support for the pupil, the behaviour will also be required to provide general support with the rest of the class:
- Delivering tailored learning activities prepared by the teacher
- Supporting the social and emotional development of students, raising any concerns as per the school’s policy and protocols.
- Ensuring that all pupils can engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Display patience, understanding and commitment
- Show patience and understanding towards challenging behaviour
- Supporting students who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), whilst they are studying the curriculum. Your attention is to ensure their focus and engagement in class, to motivate their best efforts towards their education.
- As well as managing their behaviour, you can expect to advise them on how to work through certain problems and issues or help them to communicate their issues in another way other than misbehaving. You will be acting as a role model and guide which they may not have access to in other areas of life.
Please get in touch to find out more.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.