Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for individuals who have graduated with a HR or Legal qualification, looking to pursue a career in HR and Employment Law with a global HR outsource provider. This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a program with an organisation who are leaders within their market and will provide invaluable training and experience that will aid in the development of a successful HR career.
As a successful candidate, you will progress through and complete the Graduate Training Program to enable you to respond and deal with HR queries and provide legally compliant advice to clients by telephone, email, video call and on occasion in person, on all aspects of HR and Employment Law. The role will require you to provide advice which supports the business needs of individual clients where possible.
This role will require you to follow an internal bespoke roadmap which outlines the graduate program and then subsequent to such their Advisory Career Pathway. You will be assessed through a Quality and Performance Framework which you will be required to maintain and exceed, benchmarking you in all internal assessments where you will need to achieve 75%.
Responsibilities within the HR Graduate Program:
- To provide commercially orientated, detailed and authoritative employment law, employee relations and HR best practice advice by telephone call and e-mail in line with current legislation.
- To provide advice by incoming telephone call if operational demands and client needs require this.
- To ensure that all advice is logged correctly and accurately in a timely manner and completed in line with Peninsula Protocol.
- To work within the set productivity performance range as determined by the Team Manager / Team Leader / Department.
- To ensure that personal knowledge of employment law and HR best practice is continually updated.
- To provide clients with bespoke supporting information / documentation to assist them in implementing advice given.
- To review client documentation as required.
- To ensure that all requests for advice are dealt with within the relevant service level agreement (SLA).
- To attend and complete training as specified by the Team Manager / Team Leader / Lead Consultant.
- To document and support, with evidence, completed modules from the Graduate Training Programme.
- To participate in a Final Assessment week following successful completion of phase 1 of the programme (Months 1-6) you are required to reach and maintain minimum framework standards.
- To achieve successful completion of phase 2 of the programme (Months 7-12) you are required to reach and maintain minimum framework standards.
- To maintain a professional and client focused approach at all times.
- To attend weekend departmental conferences.
- To answer calls received in the Employment Advisory Service and take messages in a professional manner in line with departmental protocols or route them through to the appropriate consultant.
- To assess workloads and delegate tasks to appropriate consultants in a timely manner.
- To generate MI reports as requested for the department and board level.
In order to be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
- HR, CIPD, Law or Business qualification relevant to the program.
- A positive attitude, with a thirst for knowledge and good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to work under pressure.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with a high attention to detail.
- A willingness to get involved with department initiatives.
- A dynamic and flexible approach to a job role.
- Analytical thinking.
- Initiative into action.
- Business Awareness.
- Strategic thinking.
- Positive approach to change.
P(phone number removed)BGR
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.