Graduate Learning Mentor
£22,185 – 24,345 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is 1 term of experience within a relevant role.
Fixed term contract from January 2022 to July 2022 with a view of being made permanent in the summer holidays.
Smart Teachers are seeking to appoint a Graduate Learning Mentor to provide high quality support for the school’s pupils that have been affected most by the pandemic.
You will be responsible for ensuring the school’s expectations are met, raising attainment, and ensuring student wellbeing. The school are looking for a dedicated member of the team who will promote and uphold the values and ethos of the school and to act as a role model for their students.
The School provides excellent opportunities for career development and a full support programme for all new staff, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. You will have an opportunity to be part of a very successful, mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school who are committed to delivering the highest quality learning experiences in order that all our students achieve their potential.
To be considered for the Teacher of History position, you will:
- Right to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (If Applicable) and professional reference checks
- UK Bachelor’s Degree/British or overseas equivalent
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability, or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Graduate Learning Mentor who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Smart Secondary on (phone number removed), quoting the reference DXUMENTOR17657.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.