Are you a Graduate looking for the next move in starting and growing your career?
Part of the Pennon group, at South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate. We’re responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area. And we have huge ambitions. Not only are we committed to reaching net zero by 2030, but we’ve also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come. So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
We currently have opportunities available for 2 x Graduate Project Manager to join our pioneering research partnership called CREWW – Centre for Resilience in Environment, Water and Waste, in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,500 per annum, increasing to £30,000 over the 2 years, plus excellent benefits including relocation support and an annual bonus.
What’s it all about?
The Graduate Project Manager will be supporting the CREWW programme manager to successfully deliver, monitor, track progress and coordinate input into the research projects that are being delivered through CREWW as well as those projects in the development pipeline at SWW.
The roles will offer the candidates invaluable insight into the skills required to manage and coordinate research and innovation projects across a range of different business functions, in an operational, industrial-academic context, working on real-world sector-wide challenges that deliver positive outcomes and impact for our customers, society and the environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with internal stakeholders and external clients to support the development of detailed project plans, defining the scope of the project and assigning team members to specific tasks
- Developing and maintaining open communication with project stakeholders from both SWW and University of Exeter (and externally, where relevant). Build trust and form good working relationships with team members
- Creating an accurate timeline of project tasks and activities, monitoring progress and risk, as well as detailed awareness of how the project is progressing
- Budget and expenditure tracking and management
- Continuously evaluating the project’s efficiency and effectiveness, impacting and considering lessons learned to improve future performance and culture
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through relevant training and experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced delivery role
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to consider data and evidence, the ability to draw out implications of different options and make recommendations
- Understand and have experience (not required but preferable) of different data gathering methods and tools, project management, analysis, and visualization techniques
- Able to work accurately, prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to colleagues including senior managers
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Relocation Support
- A discretionary Annual Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: 20th February 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Graduate Project Manager - we look forward to receiving your application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.