Role - Graduate Systems Engineer
The company is one of the leading global technology and consulting companies and the technological partner for core business operations of its customers world-wide. It is a world-leader in providing proprietary solutions in specific segments in Transport and Defence markets, and the leading firm in Digital Transformation Consultancy and Information Technologies in Spain and Latin America through its affiliate Minsait. Its business model is based on a comprehensive range of proprietary products, with a high-value focus and with a high innovation component. In the 2020 financial year, Indra achieved revenue of € 3.043 million, near 48,000 employees, a local presence in 46 countries and business operations in over 140 countries.
The client is a global player in the international market in Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems. It has over 100 years of experience in ATM solutions, with over 4000 installations in 160 countries. 85% of world passengers travel making use of their technology at any time of flight.
As we continue to grow, we need a number of talented engineers to join our technical teams in five interrelated areas, with the possibility to gain experience in more than one:
- Systems Engineering: functional, HMI and architectural system definition of our ATM products, working closely with the customer.
- Functional Test: formal testing of our ATM products against low-level software requirements.
- Technical Test and Integration: working directly with the customer in the integration of ATM systems and in the troubleshooting of technical problems.
- Operational Validation: working directly with end users (Air Traffic Controllers) to demonstrate new functionality, support them in their use of the product, and analyse observations raised by them.
- Infrastructure and Deployment: covering implementation and maintenance of the Infrastructure as a Service platform, and deployment of our ATM products into Indra and customer environments. The team works on a daily basis with networking, virtualization, operating system and software deployment, scripting and automation, and needs strong customer-facing skills.
We are looking for proactive Systems Engineers / System Test Engineers / Infrastructure Engineers with an appetite for work and learning and a desire to make a contribution. Employees who want to attain excellence in their own work and achieve their goals. You will join our new two-year SmartStart scheme for new graduates, offering training, regular career progression, and salary incentives.
You will be a key member of the technical team based at thesite between Southampton and Portsmouth, working on one of the largest and most exciting ATM systems projects in the world. The role offers the exciting opportunity to work directly with end users supporting the introduction and maintenance of operational systems.
- 2:1 Honours Degree level in Engineering.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team when required.
- Resilient with the ability to manage a heavy workload, conflicting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Pro-active in planning, with strong, organisational and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to see innovative solutions to problems and the enthusiasm to drive them to a successful conclusion.
- Willing to learn new concepts and methodologies.
- Excellent team player.
- Strong collaborative behaviours around communication, appreciating and respecting cultural differences, flexibility to change, sharing knowledge, and goals (recognising objectives for all parties).
- Experience of performing integration and verification testing, including development and execution of test plans, test designs and test cases for functional tests.
- Experience of performing validation activities with end users.
- Experience with interacting with customers.
- Experience of requirements management and requirement management tools (i.e. DOORS)
- Experience of change management tools (e.g. IBM Rational Change)
- Knowledge of ATM (Air Traffic Management) concepts
- Experience with command-line Linux.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall, V-Model, Agile, Scrum, etc).
- Knowledge of software architecture concepts and tools (i.e. EA).
- Basic knowledge of programming / scripting.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking.
We are a global company, so we highly value the knowledge of other languages and international experience (international studies or grants, internships overseas)
Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package
- Holidays: 25 days per annum + 8 days bank holidays (options to buy/sell days)
- Pension - 4% employee and 4% employer
- Private medical insurance (including dental & optical)
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible/remote working options
- Charitable initiatives
- Social events (formal & informal)
- Learning and development programs
- Travel & expense allowances
- Innovative & collaborative work environment
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.