Psychology and Criminology graduate
Pay £75 – £85 per day via PAYE
Psychology and Criminology graduate Teaching Assistants (TA) are wanted for a specialist primary/secondary school in the borough of Croydon. This role is a great opportunity for graduates looking for a role where they can utilise their degree while training alongside specialists in the field of special educational needs.
Job reference: FXCPCGTA12158About the role
This sought after graduate teaching assistant role is for an academic year with regular specialist training and a potential permanent placement dependant on positive feedback and permanent roles available.About the school
The school provides educational support to pupils at risk of exclusion and those who have been permanently excluded from mainstream primary schools. They are looking for individuals with an objective approach to learning and development and a genuine passion to support pupils with social, emotional difficulties and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.Requirements
To be considered for the role of Sociology Graduate Teaching Assistant you will:
- Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Neurology and Education Studies degree or Masters graduates (UK or UK Naric)
- Live in the borough of Lambeth or be able to travel to schools in the borough
- Experience working with children or young people with speech and language challenges
- Full-time/part time availability
- Confidence supporting in Maths, English and humanities
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
- previous experience working with children or young people
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.How to apply
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role,
please call Anna Carels on (phone number removed) or email (url removed).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.