All About Us
Currie & Brown has exciting graduate opportunities in quantity surveying in our Jersey office.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in projects including residential, healthcare, commercial and refurbishment projects.
We recruit exceptional graduates of all degree backgrounds who aspire to be leaders in a construction consultancy environment.
All About The Role
Responsibilities will include:
- Having full involvement in projects from the start; the role is varied and no two projects are the same
- Attend site meetings to review project progress
- Supporting project leads in the preparation tender and contract documentation assist with the review and evaluation of contractor valuations
- Measurement of proposed works and the preparation of cost plans and estimates for works
- Conducting individual study in your own time towards achieving chartered surveyor status
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to foster relationships with professionals of all levels
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Willingness to travel (graduates may be required to undertake some training in the UK in order to gain breadth of experience, although the base location will remain constant)
- Commitment to the company’s rigorous training programme
- Well-organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage time
All About You
Training and progression (APC programme):
We will provide training through our industry-leading structured RICS APC programme. With your commitment and our support, you’ll become a chartered surveyor in a minimum of two years (longer if a conversion course is required).
Attaining RICS accreditation is a standard requirement for Currie & Brown’s professional employees. The company seeks to produce high-calibre practitioners through its rigorous programme. Candidates will commit to ongoing studying and document preparation, while regular assessment ensures progress and identifies where further study or support is required. The programme includes:
- Self-study outside business hours
- Bonus payment on completion of APC
- Mentorship from an experienced colleague
- Training sessions with an external APC coach
- Quarterly assessments
- Coaching in soft skills
- Individual face-to-face and telephone support in the six months leading up to the final assessment
Post-APC programme development
Once you gain chartership you can join a formal development programme designed to move the focus of learning into areas of commerciality, leadership and business development.
As an APC candidate, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Salary reviews twice a year
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 27 after five years with the company
- Option to ‘buy’ more annual leave
- Pension scheme membership, with a matched employer contribution of up to 5%
- Company car allowance upon achieving chartership
- Private healthcare scheme membership
- Life insurance at twice your salary
- Healthy living subsidy in the form of a taxable annual payment of £400 towards the cost of a sports club or gym
- Professional membership subscription
- Bike to work scheme
- Opportunities to get involved with CSR activities
- Social fund and social committee to support activities for all employees
- ‘Congratulations’ payments when employees get married or enter into a civil partnership
- Dress-down on Fridays
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.