Psychology Graduate Scheme
Are you a Psychology graduate or current student interested in working in Special Educational Needs Schools and Behaviour Provisions for the rest of this academic year and going into the next.
Here at Teaching Personnel we understand that you may need additional practical experience in readiness for your future career aspirations. Working within Special Schools and Behaviour provisions is an ideal way of gaining this. Whether you are free full-time or looking for work alongside your studies then please do get in touch!
So if you have a patient and empathetic approach, then we are looking for you?
The position: Special Needs Classroom Assistant
Hourly Pay: £10.77
Teaching Personnel have been drafted in to help SEN schools within Cardiff with their additional staffing requirements. Many schools have shown an interest in Psychology graduates as they often have an interest in behaviour supported by academic theory but also understand the importance of well-being and the underlying understanding of Additional Learning Needs. The roles provide the opportunity to gain first-hand experience and training in a school setting.
The Ideal Candidate for the Psychology Scheme will:
- Communicate effectively with other staff and students
- Be composed managing sometimes challenging behaviour and challenging situations
- Transfer skills and theory to a practical school environment and have a genuine interest
- Be a good role model with an enthusiastic and eager approach
- Have a willingness to learn and take guidance from those more experience within your immediate team.
What Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Specialist trained consultants – supporting you in finding your ideal role
- Full access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training
- Supporting your COVID-secure safe return to work
- A straightforward Online Portal and diary to log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward!
What you need to do next:
Please get in touch with our Specialist SEN Branch at Teaching Personnel, ask for Bethan and she will happily help you with your new adventure in the SEN sector.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.