Technical Graduate - Engineering
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We are currently recruiting for the next cohort of our Graduate Programme ‘Great Careers built with us’ for September 2022 start.
The exciting and innovative programme is designed to develop talented individuals who will grow and potentially lead our business in the future. This means providing you with the technical expertise, business knowledge, professional skills and ongoing support to be the best you can be.
You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, and understand how Bellway have earned an enviable reputation, built on the principles of quality, service and trust.
The Technical department is involved in all of Bellway’s developments from inception through to completion. A role in Technical could involve contributing to initial pre-purchase site evaluations, the preparation and submission of planning applications, engineering and architectural designs, and on-site completion; the handover of roads, sewers and communal open spaces.
Great Careers built with us
The programme is a 2-year scheme where you will predominantly based within the Technical department, however you will get to spend time within key areas of the business such as land and planning, commercial, construction and sales to help your understanding of Bellway.
An overview of the programme is as follows:
- Successful candidates will attend a 3-day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn more about the business, the 2-year programme and meet the other graduates.
- You will spend time working within key areas of the business including construction, sales, commercial/technical, land and finance.
- Over the course of the programme you will attend ‘skills camps’ and work on projects with your fellow graduates that provide ongoing development and support.
You will be allocated a local buddy to help you settle into your role and a mentor to support your ongoing development.
The quality of our developments, the standard of our customer service, the strength of our business strategy and the value we deliver for our stakeholders are all a result of the talented people who, together, make up Bellway.
Because of this we are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done. We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Ability to make reasoned decisions
- Ability to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In addition to this, we are looking for graduates with the following:
- 2:2 degree (or above) in BEng (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, BSc (Hons) Building Surveying, BEng (Hons) Construction Engineering Management, BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology, BSc (Hons) Building Construction project management.
- Willing to travel around the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
The Selection Process
The selection process for the Graduate roles is as follows:
Stage 1: Initial Application – to demonstrate you meet the essential criteria for the role.
Stage 2: Video Interview – to assess values and behavioural competencies. You’ll be able to complete this at a date and time that suits you.
Stage 3: Assessment centre – a half day event which may include a multiple-choice test, group presentation, team activity and competency-based interview
Stage 4: Final stage interview – a discussion of your technical competencies and overall performance with the senior management team in your chosen location and discipline
You will be informed of the outcome of each stage by e-mail
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.