Murray Recruitment are working in partnership with a well-known FM provider who have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Graduate Building Surveyor based in Glasgow.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for working within the FM team establishing, managing & coordinating the lifecycle & variation works, liaising with on-site FM managers and clients to coordinate the base works plans with the actual requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business and gain valuable on the job experience to kick start your career!
- Undertaking building condition surveys
- Preparing reports/schedules of dilapidations and schedules of condition
- Undertaking building defect diagnosis inspections
- As part of a wider team regular review of every contract in the FM portfolio to assess future expenditure and maintenance cost
- Having the ability to undertake building condition surveys of existing building fabric and mechanical & electrical services installations
- Working with subcontractors and third parties to build up year by year future assessments of replacements and maintenance
- Preparing, managing and delivering the supply chain tender process including any necessary documents & schedules of work
- Quality assurance checks of ongoing or completed works
- Provide technical assistance to manage the lifecycle and variation works on client properties
- Preparation of budget costings for proposed projects
- Project cost management & administration
- Ability to prepare, submit and obtain approval of any planning and other Local Authority consent applications
- Liaising with and reporting to clients
- Monitor / report accurately for the client and stakeholders the drawdowns against the lifecycle fund and to ensure that all contractual obligations are met
- Recognised building / technical qualifications - degree level or equivalent
- Any experience within building surveying / construction management would be advantageous
- Have excellent written communication skills, be IT literate on all Microsoft Office programmes
- Motivated self-starter and ability to manage own workload and be an effective team player
- Must be able and willing to travel, mainly central belt
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Good communicator with ability to build strong relationships
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (DOE)
- 39 Hours per week
- Death in Service
- Childcare vouchers
- Gym membership discount
- Continued training and development
If you are interested in this position, please apply today!
Not the job for you but know someone who would be perfect for the role? Why not refer a friend and if they get the job you get up to £250 worth of vouchers! Refer A Friend
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.