- Industry leading sales training programme
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- 12 months rotation through various departments to give you full exposure to the business
- Great career progression opportunities
The Company: Established in 1801. Edmundson Electrical is one of the most highly respected and established names in the electrical wholesale distribution industry. Edmundson Electrical has a turnover of £1.3bn and is the UK's leading distributor of branded electrical equipment to trade and industry. Edmundson Electrical employ over 4,000 staff in its 380 locations throughout the UK and Ireland. It's an exciting time to join this fast-growing sales team in a company planning for continual growth.
The Role: Edmundson Electrical are looking to recruit, train and develop ambitious graduates to be based out of any of their 380 independently run profit centres across the UK.
As a Graduate Commercial Trainee at Edmundson's, you will be educated on the Company, its products, the market and will benefit from continuous 'on the job' training. The graduate will also have to opportunity to receive professional sales training to equip the graduate with all of the tools and skills needed to flourish in a successful sales career. Progression into External Sales and then Profit Centre Management.
Requirements for this Commercial Trainee Role:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Fantastic verbal and written communication Skills
- Full, clean UK driving license
- Strong work ethic and a team player who can also work well on their own initiative
- This role requires you to work 1 out of 4 Saturday mornings
- You aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and fully immerse yourself your next role
- You have a learning mindset and want to be coached and developed
- You have finished studying and are ready for an immediate start!
As a Graduate Commercial Trainee, the package you will receive:
- £24000 Base salary
- Company profit share scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive professional sales training
- Auto-enrolment into the Company's contributory pension scheme (after 3 months)
What you will do: First 6 months
- Based in a branch - you will start your training in a warehouse learning about the products, operating procedures, understanding the market, customers and suppliers.
- You will then work your way through various departments including the trade counter to develop the skills needed for long term success.
- Around month 4 you will start selling externally. Calling lapsed/dormant accounts and self-sourcing new accounts
- Begin your industry leading sales training programme through BMS; designed to give you the skill set and structures to be successful and confident in your role.
Next 6-12 months
- Consistently start bringing in sales and revenue
- Begin to learn and understand the full sales process
- Further develop a relationship with more senior sales colleagues to gain an understanding of the potential next step in your career
- Continue to develop and grow in confidence and ability with BMS sales training.
12 months and onwards
- Move out of the Graduate Commercial Trainee role
- Work towards sales targets
- Become an essential part of the external sales team out in the field
- Further career development opportunities into management exist for those who can demonstrate success and ability to develop long lasting customer relationships
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.