The Graduate Quantity Surveyor will proactively support the Quantity Surveyor / Managing Quantity Surveyor on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial/financial and contractual elements of the designated projects in order to control and maximise the company's profitability, protect the company's legal and contractual obligations under the contract and to manage proactively the control of all commercial issues.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
£22,000 - £30,000
* To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on a number of live projects or projects at the pre-construction phase
Dealing with JCT and bespoke construction contracts
* Assist in the preparation of interim and final account
* Provide quotation and build up values for client variations
* Collate information for expenditure and forecasting.
* Review and measure against technical drawings
* Gain knowledge in contract law and implement under various contracts
* Maximise the potential for financial recovery for the business.
* Be responsible for your safety and others around you
* Attend project and company-related meetings
* Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
* Degree in quantity surveying or 2 years' experience for construction or engineering sub-contractor (steelwork would be a huge advantage)
* Aptitude to read technical drawings
* Good mathematical ability
* Good computer skills including Excel and Outlook
* Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge gain
* Able to communicate effectively
* Demonstrate analytical thinking and attention to detail
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.