Science graduate required to work as a tutor to small groups of key stage 3 & 4 pupils across the science department at a large secondary school in Manchester. The role would be great for someone who may be looking to pursue a career in education or wishing to embark on a PGCE in September 2023. The role will start in September and is likely to be for the full academic year.
You will be responsible for supporting pupils within the science department in Key Stage 3 & 4, you will also have a small timetable where you will provide intensive intervention sessions, supporting small groups of learners. You will formulate a superb understanding of the curriculum at KS3 & 4 science, which will provide future development in the subject. You will be supported by outstanding teachers and a strong, highly recognised leadership team.
- Location- Manchester
- Position - Science Tutor
- Type of work - Teaching Support
- Start date - September 2022
- Likely Duration - July 2023
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £75 per day
- Hours - 12noon - 6pm Monday to Thursday 12noon - 4pm Friday
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree with a good classification in Science
- High grade in English & Maths at GCSE
- Previous experience working with young people desirable
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced DBS registered on the update service or be willing to process a new application at a cost of £45.80.
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.