We are seeking high achieving Graduates looking to start their journey towards becoming fully qualified teachers or developing a career in education. We are open to all subject areas but we are seeking Graduate teaching assistant / assistants who have excelled throughout their education and are keen to share their passion and knowledge with the next generation.
As a Graduate teaching assistant you will support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment. This opportunity offers school based experience in supporting students with their learning and development across the high school. It involves working with students in lessons in your specialist subject and working closely with their teachers to support with resources. This is an excellent opportunity of exploring different careers in education, including; teaching, educational psychology, social work, speech & language therapy, sports instruction and individual tutoring.
As a Graduate teaching assistant you will join an Ofsted outstanding high school and they offer:
* An outstanding track record at GCSE and A level
* A team of colleagues who support each other
* Students who actively engage in lessons and have excellent attitudes to learning
* Excellent training and professional development opportunities including teaching training for September 2022
As a Graduate teaching assistant your main responsibilities will be:
* As a Graduate teaching assistant you will supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
* To assist in evaluating identified student's progress through agreed assessment activities.
* To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on student's achievement, progress and needs.
* As a Graduate teaching assistant you will lead small group sessions and interventions as appropriate.
* To contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment.
* To undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals are met.
If you are considering your next career path and are interested in gaining further school based experience then apply today to an immediate interview and to discuss this opportunity further!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.