Vertical Recruitment are working with a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, operating in a wide variety of sectors and have a great reputation for the quality of their projects. They work alongside a mixture of both private and public clients.
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, we have an opportunity for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join our clients experienced and talented structures team.
Their projects include large complex schemes with contract values over £200 million to smaller local client focussed tasks. They work both in the UK and internationally with interesting clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
As a Graduate Structural Engineer you will be responsible for assisting in the provision of a wide range of structural engineering services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare outline designs for structural schemes based on the client’s brief
- Carry out detailed design calculations to Eurocodes using the latest 3D design software
- Co-ordinate your designs with other design disciplines and specialists with BIM
- Assist with the production of detailed design drawings and specifications for tender purposes
- Visit site during the construction phase to monitor on-site progress
- Carry out structural surveys of existing buildings and advise on any issues that may arise
- Analyse and report on structural defects in existing buildings and structures
- Check outgoing and incoming documents, including Contractor’s proposal documentation
Experience and Skills Required
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate / possess:
- Be a graduate with a good degree in structural or civil engineering
- Ideally some structural design or on-site experience but not required
- A good understanding of the basic regulatory requirements including Eurocodes.
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD or Revit at a drawing/design level
- 25 days of paid annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service
- 4 x salary life assurance cover
- Generous company sick pay scheme, should you need it
- Income Protection Insurance in case you are unable to work due to ill health or accident for an extended period of time
- Single cover private medical insurance, which can be extended to include family members at preferential rates
- A contributory company pension plan, to help you prepare for your retirement
- Flexible company car scheme for relevant positions
- Excellent mentorship program to support you on your Journey to becoming Chartered
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.