Health and Social Care Graduate - Education Support Worker
* SEND Support
* Based in Newham
* Full-time or Part-Time
Empowering Learning are recruiting Health and Social Care Graduates to work on a full-time or part-time basis as a Education Support Worker within SEND Pupil Referral Unit based in Newham. It caters for children and young adults at both primary and secondary stages of education.
You will be supporting pupils with different needs such as Social, Emotional & Mental Health and ADHD. Experience of supporting pupils with SEND needs in primary or secondary schools is desirable but is essential. The ideal individual would be committed to supporting children of different age groups and have the ability to adapt.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various Learning Difficulties
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Support pupils learning within the classroom
- Supervising pupils behaviour
Benefits to you
- Free SEND workshop
- Free Team Teach Training
- Excellent rates of pay
- Valuable classroom-based experience
- The flexibility of working Full-Time or Part-Time
- Term Time Only
- Experience in supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties or disabilities is desirable
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 2-5 days a week and able to commit for 3-6 months
- Able to work from 8.30am-4.00pm
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role please submit your CV today
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.