Role Title: Graduate Land Buyer
£25,000 to £30,000 + Bonus + Company Car/Car Allowance
We are looking to expand our multi-disciplined talented London and South East Land team and recruit a graduate who will gain an in-depth knowledge into land buying which will include the planning processes behind acquiring land, strategic searching for and procuring new land opportunities, as well as developing a wider understanding of house building.
No day will be the same and providing you are keen to learn, the breadth of experience you will gain will develop you into a well-rounded Land Buyer with a skill set that is in demand.
This is a training post, no experience is necessary, full training will be given both internally and externally we are committed to investing in the training and development of future talent to be part of McCarthy Stone’s future growth.
We are looking for graduates with:
- Sound communication, planning and organisation skills, business acumen and being adaptable.
- 2:2 degree (or above) in: BSc (Hons) Property Development and Planning, BSc (Hons) Real Estate, BSc (Hons) Geography, or similar.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Driving is an essential part of the role - a full driver’s licence is required
- In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Company Car Allowance/Car
- 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions paid for
- Excellent development opportunities
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year (supported by the McCarthy Stone Foundation)
- Company pension scheme
Key Responsibilities Graduate Land Buyer will develop
- Partnering with internal departments and external consultants to ensure that information provided is accurate, properly costed and meets the requirements of the land purchase appraisal
- Liaising with land owners and agents to arrange access for all required surveys etc., as well as being responsible for land purchase completion arrangements.
- Attending all required project meetings and ensure that actions are promptly completed. Work to own initiative including making decisions and judgements in relation to the project.
- Maintaining records on all work instructed and carried out.
- Assisting the Land Director and Land Team in post-exchange legal issues such as, but not limited to, drainage easements, resolving boundary disputes and other site-specific issues.
- Build strong relationships with external consultants, public utility companies, Local Authorities, Estate Agents and land owners.
These are in addition to the core responsibilities of the role.
As the UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we provide high quality homes to exacting specifications. As of November 2021, McCarthy Stone operates 475 developments across the UK for more than 20,000 people.
We believe in championing the role, wellbeing, and happiness of older people in society. We help our customers have a better later life, so they feel more connected, recognised, and valued than ever. In late 2020 we launched the McCarthy Stone Charitable Foundation to support local causes that help older people in need across Britain.
We are proud to have been certified as a Great Place to Work 2022 as well as making the Great Place to Work Wellbeing list!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.