This is a small, friendly, and supportive team, where you will get involved with a wide spectrum of duties in providing an end-to-end service for customers. All whilst working attractive Monday to Friday office hours!
The Graduate Trainee Shipping Coordinator will:
- Deal with rate requests from shipping lines, airlines, and hauliers
- Monitor exchange rates
- Book containers and air freight
- Obtain and provide relevant import and export documentation
- Gain customs clearance
- Raise invoices
- Provide certificates of shipments
- Provide relevant information to customers.
- A recent graduate ideally, if your degree is in a relevant business related or maritime field, even better!
- Numerically confident
- Polite and trustworthy, able to deal with confidential information
- Computer literate, with MS Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn in-house systems
- Comfortable dealing over the telephone with customers, who may be in a pressurised situation
- Able to work from our offices and having your own transport, as it’s not easy to get to us without it.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.