Are you a Graduate considering a career in Education?
Teaching Personnel are keen to expand their workforce and provide an exciting steppingstone for Graduates to begin working in Education.
Teaching Personnel are seeking Graduates looking to become a Cover Supervisor on a full-time basis and be shortlisted for opportunities to support various Secondary Schools in the Northamptonshire who continuously seek to expand their Support Staff workforce.
The ideal Graduate will be:
- Considering a long-term career in education
- Have a passion for working with children
- Have a passion for their subject and want to consider training to teach this in the future
- Available full-time from September 2022
- Can be available for interviews immediately
We can support you throughout this process as part of Teaching Personnel's Future Teachers Programme.
https://(url removed)/future-teachers - Please read up on the benefits of this route!
What to expect as Cover Supervisor?
Cover supervisors are suitably trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor’s main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. Including:
- Supervising / covering lessons already planned by the Class Teacher
- Ensure pupils are completing tasks set in lesson plan
- Managing pupil behaviour under your supervision
- Ensuring you follow the school’s behaviour policy for any class you are assigned cover
- Be flexible and confident to provide cover across a range of subjects and key stages with the information provided
- Be able to provide 1:1 support and answer questions about processes and procedures in line with the school policy
What qualities do you need to become a Cover Supervisor?
- Good communications skills
- Assertive attitude
- Positive and Friendly
- Flexible and Adaptable to change
- Genuinely enjoy working with young people
The school day varies but usually commences from 08:20am until 15:20pm, it is essential that you are available during these hours for this role to be suitable.
For immediate consideration, please submit a full CV outlining all experiences to (url removed)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well aas the Right to Work in the UK. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.