We're looking for an Internal Communications Graduate to join our Internal Communications team. In this role you'll produce, support and deliver communications for all 3 Matalan business areas; Head Office, Logistics & Retail.
You'll create multimedia content including written, imagery & video to tell stories and relay business information that supports the company strategy across all internal channels.
As our Internal Communications Graduate, you will be responsible for:
- Building strong relationships across the business to become a trusted communications advisor
- Knowing the business areas (e.g. Logistics, Retail and Head Office) so you can tailor comms to suit the different audiences
- Promoting content and platforms across the business areas
- Supporting and promoting two-way communications across the business
- Updating, developing and promoting key internal channels
- Being creative – trying new methods/channels to best support you getting the message out
- Analysing data to help inform the communications strategy
- Helping to design, plan, implement, and evaluate internal events and activities for team members, relating to recognition and fundraising
- Managing emails - monitor and respond to incoming emails, utilise emails to promote communications content
- Producing content which works across the myriad audiences as well as targeted communications
- Working collaboratively across the functional management teams to drive the communication agenda.
- Working with the managers to implement communication tools and methods which support improved performance and engagement in their teams
- Supporting and Implement internal communications campaigns against Matalan's calendar of events e.g. wellbeing campaigns, business briefs, director Q&A
- Being passionate and tenacious and the drive to keep internal comms fresh and innovative
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun!
As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities. Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role.
We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this. In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.About You
- Degree in a related subject i.e. English/Communications/Law/Politics/History
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate confidently at different levels
- Able to work independently.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Self motivated with great organisational skills
- Committed to achieving the best results for you and your team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.