SALARY EXCELLENT PLUS BENEFITS
Based in Cumbernauld ESS’ client is part a multi-national group, who design, manufacture, build and test of gas analysers and gas emission monitoring systems. Their equipment is found in a range of industrial settings and applications, including petrochem, FMCG and hazardous engineering environments. As part of their ongoing ramp up they now need to make the key hire of a Graduate Test Technician.
Reporting into the Team Leader – Manufacturing Engineering, the Graduate Test Technician shall train to be responsible for the testing of gas analyser products. This role requires an individual who is diligent and has excellent attention to detail, and the ability to communicate results and observations.
Other key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Perform Gas testing and Factory Acceptance Tests of the gas analyser products in line with the Production & Service schedules.
- Checking integrity of gas test setups for production and perform final leak checks.
- Optical alignment and component test of detectors, QCL lasers and sub assemblies.
- Work to production schedule and any other product testing tasks as directed.
- Update supporting documents, such as configuration records and logging information on relevant databases including writing work instructions.
- Maintain the work area to a safe and clean status, following relevant work instructions to the quality standards and taking ESD procedures as required.
- Providing support to other departments, providing feedback and attending meetings.
- Feedback to design teams on all aspects of our products, including performance, software interfaces and mechanical design to aid continuous improvement.
- Support repairs on returned gas analyser products, if necessary and ensuring findings are documented correctly.
- Gas inventory management.
- Perform fault finding / debugging at all stages of production testing and logging of Non Conformances.
Experience of Spectroscopy, Laser or other Analytical Instrumentation would be a distinct advantage.
To apply to this role please contact our retained recruitment partner Craig Jackson at ESS Recruit.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.