Prospero Teaching are looking for strong and ambitious Psychology graduates to work as Teaching Assistants in SEN schools across South Manchester. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic graduates with an interest in a career in Teaching who may have some previous experience in tutoring, although this is not essential.
The role is more specifically working with groups of children with varying learning ability and who may have special educational needs, who need additional support in their day. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in Education Psychology or a PGCE in the future.
- Location -South Manchester
- Position - Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - 1:1 work with children and young adults with complex needs and PMLD
- Contract or position start date - ASAP
- Duration / Likely Duration - Temp - Perm
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Rate of pay - Minimum rate £80
- Hours - 8:30 am - 4pm : Mon - Fri (term time only)
- Working with and providing support to children with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- Experience of supporting pupils
- The willingness to provide an environment in which pupils can reach their full potential
- The ability to build rapports with the children, supporting their social and behavioural needs, and acting as a mentor
- Psychology (BA Hons) degree
- DBS (clean and relevant) - Can be obtained through Prospero Teaching
- Safeguarding certificate
- A committed and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form new relationships
- Previous experience working in primary schools.
- Good knowledge of different forms of SEN.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
- Long term fixed supply post with a view to a permanent school based contract
- Ideal for graduates looking to gain experience within a primary school
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click "apply" or send a copy of your up to date CV to
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.