Are you a talented, bright individual with a natural aptitude for finance, data, reporting and analysis…? This could be the next step your career needs…
SSCL are looking for a graduate to join our SSCL Finance team. The candidate will be highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to develop in a finance career whilst completing professional accountancy qualifications.
The role will be ideal for someone either starting out or very early on in their finance career, who are looking to attain a professional accountancy qualification alongside a successful career within the finance sector.
SSCL have a proven track record of taken on a number of similar level graduate candidates over the last few years who have worked with strong mentors in the company to develop skills and experience that have allowed them to take opportunities in the finance team and other areas of the business.
This opening to join SSCL will give you a huge opportunity to develop a diverse and broad range of skills within a successful business.
This is a remote working role, with the requirement to go to the Wakefield or Salford office once a week.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining key management accounts files for the business and ensure accuracy in reporting to senior management as well as assisting in budgeting and forecasting for the business; meeting with managers, challenging performances and supporting decision making.
- Carrying out core accounting responsibilities such as balance sheet reconciliations, managing accruals and prepayments, invoicing, and other activities to manage the ledger.
- Completing and interpreting variance analysis on company performance.
- Develop and maintain financial model(s) of business performance.
- Completing tasks and responsibilities to tight deadlines whilst managing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Deputising for others in the team as required to cover key roles
What you’ll bring:
- Must be educated to a degree level (Minimum grade required 2.1) or AAT Qualified
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast-paced environment in a large organisation
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and present variance analysis
- Strong communicator, who actively seeks to build working relationships with peers, clients, colleagues.
- Must have a commitment to studying towards a professional accountancy qualification
- Microsoft PowerPoint experience is advantageous
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Salford or Leeds
Security Clearance Level: SC
Internal Recruiter: Kayleigh
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund (3% of annual salary)
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include several government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.