Graduate Scheme - Train to Teach
Are you a recent graduate who is tempted by teaching? Do you require in school experience before applying for your PGCE? Do you want to ‘earn while you learn’?
If you answered YES to the above questions, then we have the perfect role for you!
Smile Education are excited to launch the Smile Academy - a dedicated programme for graduates seeking their first step on the teaching ladder.
Our academy model is simple – if you hold a recent degree coupled with the enthusiasm, drive and determination to make a genuine difference in the classroom, then we will assist by listening to the requirements of our client schools and beginning the introduction process. This is a great chance for you to try out working in a school and decide if teaching is the career for you.
The Smile Academy application process involves three stages:
1) Send your CV to the Smile Team
2) If you meet our initial requirements, you will be invited to a meeting with your designated consultant at Smile who will discuss your degree, CV, and your career plans
3) Your consultant will liaise with hiring schools to find the perfect match for you and organise appointments to visit the school
From here, your paid placement will be confirmed by the Smile Team and you will receive confirmation of your responsibilities, pay rate as well as days & times of work (usually Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:30pm).
Roles available include:
- One to One Student Support
- Intervention Support
- Academic Coach
- Cover Supervisor
- Teaching Assistant
- Sports Coach
- Technicians (ICT, Science, DT)
Once you have accepted your placement, you will benefit from:
- Initial Training – Safeguarding, Prevent, Behaviour Management and SEN
- Access to a resource portal and online training
- Ongoing personal development – termly training days
- Smile Academy point of contact and mentoring
- WhatsApp group with other graduates to share experiences
- Social event invites
- Introductions to schools who can provide future teacher training
If interested please apply below or send your CV over to: (url removed), any questions please feel free to call the office on: (phone number removed)
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.