Are you looking for a Trainee Accountant role with an established and reputable Accountancy organisation that will invest in your future success?
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the UHY Hacker & Young graduate trainee accounting team.
Our goal is to provide you with the very best tools, techniques and support, that will enable you to become an excellent ACA qualified chartered accountant.
As a Graduate Trainee Accountant, you will receive practical on the job training, as well as access to leading firms of accountancy tutors to help prepare you for the examinations of the professional accountancy bodies.
Based in the prestigious Jewellery quarter of Central Birmingham and operating out of our modern city centre offices. This is genuinely a fabulous opportunity for a talented graduate to establish a career within a reputable organisation, whilst furthering their education through to chartered status.
You will be joining a young, fresh vibrant team and a fast-moving company, with an established history of supporting talented individuals straight out of University and integrating them into the corporate world.
As we work for both the public and private sector, training will range from preparing small sets of accounts for small organisations to providing consultancy advice and services specifically to public sector organisations with a turnover up to £800m.
The majority of our work is undertaken at client locations, which can be anywhere in the UK and Europe, although some of the work on smaller clients is office based.
Please be advised that salary is based on experience.
We only recruit to senior management positions from staff having trained and qualified with us. So, after you have qualified, we will continue to work with you to develop the management skills and technical knowledge required of a true senior finance business consultant.
As a small close-knit office, social activities are regularly organised by different members of staff. In addition to this, each quarter the office gets together to discuss events of the previous 3 months, the strategy for the next 3 months, as well as having a good night out (paid for by the Partners!!).
Further information about the office, partners and their expertise can be found on the Birmingham UHY Hacker & Young website.
We would welcome applications with the following skills and attributes; Graduate Trainee Accountant, Finance, Accounts, ACA, Economics, 2:1, 1st Class, Upper Second Degree, Accountancy, Communication, Organised, Accounting, Mathematics, Science.
- Must have outstanding A level qualifications.
- Achieved or be predicted a 2:1 or higher in a University degree.
- Studied in one of the following subjects: The Sciences, Mathematics, Economics, Finance & Accountancy.
- Ideally, you will live or be willing to relocate to the Birmingham area.
- You will be naturally confident, an excellent communicator and enjoy meeting and engaging with people and clients at all levels of seniority.
- Your organisational skills will be exemplary with real attention to detail.
Our Birmingham office was established in 1989 and is based in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter, approximately 2 miles from Birmingham City Centre. The office currently consists of 30 staff including 6 Partners, 1 Director and various senior managers, qualified and trainee accountants, offering a wide range of personal and corporate accountancy services to individuals and organisations throughout Birmingham and the Midlands.
Our client base is broadly split between the public and private sector. In Birmingham, and our clients include:
- Health organisations -from clinical commissioning groups to acute hospital trusts
- Schools - from multi-academy trusts to single academy trusts and free schools
- Family and owner managed businesses - from start-ups to well-established enterprises
- international clients with UK subsidiaries
- UK clients with international subsidiaries
- Not for profit organisations
- Pension schemes
- Wealthy individuals and families
- Sole Traders
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.