Graduate Quantity Surveyor Join us in building a better future… together and be part of a reputable leading building company.
These are exciting times at SME Enterprise, so are you ready to develop your career and be part of a valued team?
They are a fresh, dynamic state of the art business working on the most prestigious projects within the region.
- Holds a degree in Quantity Surveying with a 2:2 classification or expected to achieve on graduation in 2022 (essential)
- Holds a full UK driving licence or will hold a full UK driving licence by August 2022 (essential)
What you can bring
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you * Starting salaries range from £28,100 depending on level of experience * Car allowance of £4250
- Support from our professionally qualified team to coach and mentor you, providing you the experience you need to become a chartered surveyor.
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
Summary Supporting with the measurement and valuation of works in progress.
Participation in the management of the supply chain and project costs of construction projects to ensure the overall financial success of a project.
Supporting the commercial team with the commercial management of all or part of a project and/or a number of trade packages within the project.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in the analysis, preparation, and management of all costs, from initial cost assessments through to project completion
- Selection and management of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Become an expert in contracts, financial management and contract law
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly compilation of data to monitor the performance of the project
- To meet with other professionals, clients, customers and others to obtain and provide information relating to land, property or construction
- To undertake costings and/or measurements and/or valuations using data collected from research
- the buying of materials and services from smaller companies
- the monitoring and management of these smaller companies to ensure that goods are delivered, and work is completed on time
- To ensure requests for payment are made on time and on a regular basis to the business for whom we are working and that these payments are received and payments to smaller companies are made promptly
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.