In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Graduate to join our team within Vistry West Midlands, at our Coleshill office. As our Technical Graduate you will be responsible for assisting the technical team and taking new build housing projects through from inception to completion. You will cover all areas involved in the preparation of design, technical and engineering information, including the management of consultants, management of design input from other external parties, as well as liaison with local authorities, other Vistry Homes departments including the site teams. The right candidate must demonstrate a hard-working attitude alongside a willingness to learn. This is a great opportunity within a well-established and supportive team to learn the skills and technical knowledge to embark on a fulfilling and rewarding career in Housebuilding.
We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
Let's cut to the chase, what's in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance - 4 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme - up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values - Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Relevant higher education or degree
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and effective manner
- An organised and prioritised working discipline, dealing and managing tasks effectively and sequentially.
- The ability to effectively communicate with others both inside & outside the business
- Embrace learning and development opportunities, and follow the training plan
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Good team working skills
- Patience and calmness under pressure
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Previous experience within the housebuilding or construction environment desirable, although this is not essential.
More about the Technical Graduate role…
- Assist in managing external consultants in the preparation and issue of working drawings to an agreed programme, fee and scope.
- Attend meetings at various stages of projects including design team and site progress meetings.
- Assist with the technical aspect of Land Appraisals.
- Assist in overseeing site investigation and civil/structural design work carried out by external consultants and reviewing their work.
- Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems.
- Review and issue drawings and the associated project coordination.
- To assist in implementing departmental objectives and procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Attend site with team members to review construction activities.
Finally, let's tell you about us…
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
Click here for - One Vistry, The Story So Far
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.