Graduate Structural Engineer | Cardiff | Monday- Friday - 7.5 hours per day | up to £30,000 depending on experience
Our client is one of Wales’s most established independent civil and structural engineering consultancies. They have an opportunity for a Graduate Engineer to join their Cardiff office working within a small team to meet demanding schedules on challenging projects.
You will be working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously.
The successful candidate will initially earn up to £30,000 per year, depending on skills and experience.
If you are a team player, humble enough to join a growing team, with strong engineering skills and a hands-on approach as well as a positive attitude and enthusiastic approach to the successful completion of projects, then this role will be perfect for you!
You should be a resident in the UK, either living in Cardiff or within a reliable commuting distance from Cardiff.
What can you expect in return?
- Competitive salary (negotiable and based on experience of candidate)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Bonus Holiday Scheme
- SMART Pension contribution
- Flexible start/finish times
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
- Free on-site car parking
- City centre office location
Are you the right person for the job?
If you have the following, then the answer is yes!
- A minimum of 2 years design experience,
- An accredited degree in Structural AND OR Civil Engineering,
PLEASE NOTE: Any other Engineering Degrees will not be considered.
- Making progress towards chartership, (IStructE or ICE) would be an advantage,
- Experience with relevant industry software such as Tedds, Telka Structural Designer, AutoCAD.
- Experienced to design steel, concrete, and masonry is essential. Timber would be an advantage.
- Experience in working with the Eurocodes British Standards and Building Regulations.
- Experience in visiting sites to inspect works and produce inspection reports.
- Ability to deliver projects from design stage to construction while supporting the contractor on site queries.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
What will your role as a Graduate Structural Engineer look like?
- Responsible for the analysis and design of structures in steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and ideally timber, reporting to a Senior Engineer/Director.
- Managing projects under appropriate supervision including liaison with the client and other members of the project team.
- Analysis experience using Tekla Structural Designer 3D modelling software.
- Producing detailed calculations, both computer analysis based and by hand.
- Working with the technical team to prepare and produce drawings.
- Experience of utilising CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD) and ability to navigate Revit software using a suitable viewer would be an advantage.
- Liaising and coordinating structural designs with architects, building services engineers, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Liaising with internal team colleagues to ensure NJP design is fully co-ordinated.
- Visiting sites to inspect works and resolving site queries as necessary.
- Producing reports and correspondence.
- Attending and contributing to project meetings (internal and external).
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, the employer will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from them within 14 working days, please deem your application unsuccessful.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer
What’s next? It’s easy! Click “APPLY” to send your CV and Covering Letter
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.