Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
£25,000 + Bonus, Share Scheme, Profit Share, Pension, 32 Days Holiday
Ref JA 22051
An opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer to join our clients mechanical design team. They build highly specialised handling machinery serving customers including Ferrari, Daimler, Renault and Volvo.
We’re looking for a talented individual with potential, to become part of their design team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, after training and gaining experience, as Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for managing customer projects from order through to completion, including all aspects of mechanical design. As a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer you will also work closely with other departments including electrical and control engineering, buying, production and sales.
Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer - Main Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive & enthusiastic demeanour
- Awareness of project and stakeholder management
- Knowledge or experience in hydraulic or pneumatic system design
- Knowledge of mechatronics
- Knowledge of FEA and its application (ANSYS experience preferred)
- 3D CAD modelling experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- 2D AutoCAD experience (beneficial though not essential)
- Competence in all MS Office packages
- A strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles including the ability to perform hand calculations
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering or similar
This role will provide an excellent first step in your Engineering career, giving you the scope to develop your experience in a wide variety of projects within an organisation that will support your career development and give you the opportunity to move to more senior roles within the company as your experience develops.
This role is based in the Glasgow area and is commutable from Hamilton, East Kilbride, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Cumbernauld. My client would also be keen to consider individuals seeking to relocate to or within Scotland.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.